How to prepare for your mid year review in three easy steps!
May 20, 2021
Do you ever get anxious or overwhelmed by mid-year reviews? You know that you've worked your ass off but don't know the best way to share all your wins or you overthink what to share and you end up not sharing much? If so, this guide was created just for you!
Mid-year performance reviews can be your biggest tool to show your manager what you've been working, what you've accomplished and where you're headed. Here's the breakdown on what and how to organize yourself for your review.
Create a folder on your desktop called "brag book". This will be your storage file for all things important to your role: job description, yearly goals, KPI's, and any end of month reports that show your progress.
2. Keep Track
The key to a successful mid year review is having receipts of all the things you've done throughout the year. Keep track by making this a part of your weekly and monthly routine.
- Capture and save any big wins throughout the week. Take a screenshot of any emails, messages, or reports that show progress towards your KPI's.
- Review and save all your wins at the end of each month. Keep screenshots of emails, messages and any other positive messages that show how you were helpful, resourceful or did a stand out job on a project.
- Track your growth - know your numbers and how they compare to your overall goals, KPI’s and your teams goals
- Did you take on any other projects outside of your day to day responsibilities? Write them down
- Team lead on projects
- Participation in an employee resource group
- Creation of additional resources
3. Be Proactive
Schedule regular 1on1's with your manager to review progress towards your KPI's and overall business goals. Share where you're currently at with your targets and get feedback if there’s anything you should be working on in order to hit your goals and target bonus.
Download my mid-year review tracking guide for free here!